I'm doing this meme, despite having been a horrible LJ friend recently without posting or commenting much, and despite the fact that I should be writing a history paper. Pshaw.
A) People who have been tagged must write their answers on their journal and replace any question that they dislike with a new, original question.
B) Tag eight people. Don't refuse to do that. Don't tag who tagged you.
1. Make a list of 5 things you can see without getting up:
2. blank notebook page to be filled with an outline of my amazing history paper to come
3. papers and crap
4. toilet paper we take from the bathroom and use as kleenex because it's free
5. paper chains around my room from when my roommate got bored and decorated. :)
2. How do you style your hair?
HA. I don't. I *sometimes* straighten it, but never if I have to be somewhere early in the morning. Normally I brush it and either hope for the best or give up and pull it back.
3. What are you wearing now?
Jeans and a jacket because I got cold because the windows were open because last night at 1:30am my floormmate burned something in the microwave and our floor filled with smoke.
4. What's your occupation?
Full-time student! I also work in the dining hall and I have a volunteery-type job that I will be able to explain in more detail after I find out what the heck I'm going to be doing. (I've only been to that once.)
5. What do you hear right now?
"I Just Had Sex" from my floormates in our lounge. :P
6. Who was the last person you hugged?
Umm, a very good friend on...Tuesday? I'm not much of a hugger, I guess.
7. What was/is for dinner?
Dining hall food. Nothing too exciting, believe me.
8. Chocolate, strawberry, or vanilla ice cream (or other)? -- > Yup, it’s a boring question. Too bad, you have to SUFFER *cackles* :P
Chocolate ALLLL the way.
9. “Some say the world will end in fire/Some say in ice…” – Robert Frost, Fire and Ice. Think of the silliest, most ridiculous apocalypse ever.
Oh goodness, umm...aliens? Not creative but still, aliens would be ridiculous. And I couldn't switch this question because it's so great. :P
10. What websites do you always visit when you go online?
Facebook, email (seriously, my school is obsessed with email)
11. What was the last thing you bought?
...I don't remember! Woah! Maybe dinner a few weeks ago?
12. If you could afford to go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Well aside from "everywhere"...
I would go to Latin America. This is my only qualification for my future study abroad program. I want to improve my Spanish in a way I can't in a classroom in an English-speaking country. Aside from that, I'm not exactly sure what the attraction of Latin America is as opposed to other places, but that would be my one place. I would also love to have money to explore the US. It's a HUGE country with incredible diversity in cultures and ways of life, and there's a whole lot I've never experienced here.
13. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Wow. Of course I don't know, and I really can't picture my future whatsoever, but if I had to guess...seminary? Discerning my role in the improvement of this world? (Basically what I'm doing now? ha.)
Where's your birthmark? (I don't have one!) What's something you're really good at?
I make a mean paper snowflake.
15. How easily do you cry, and about what (apart from obviously traumatic things like losing someone you’re close to)?
Not easily at all, which is odd, because I'm a very emotion-driven person. I cry when I get too stressed out (but not so much recently), or when I'm really frustrated or angry. And I tear up in church all the time, for all kinds of reasons.
16. If you could play any musical instrument, which one would you play?
I play piano (more or less) and trombone. I love learning instruments, so any of them would be great, but in particular I would love to learn guitar. It's very useful, easier to transport than my other two instruments, and it's beautiful if you're good at it. But I've wanted to learn bagpipes since I heard them play at my preschool since I was like four, so that's a possibility too!
17. How are you?
I'm good! Stressed out about everything I have to get done in the next few days, but in a pretty good mood at the moment so it's ok.
18. How much do you get paid?
Umm, minimum wage? It all goes to my tuition, so it's not especially important at the moment.
19. What's the last thing you have regretted?
I've caught myself slipping into bad habits recently: not being as tolerant of people as I should be, and gossiping. That's not good.
20. What's the last good movie you saw?
And I'm being a rebel and just tagging anyone who hasn't done this meme yet and wants to!